Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The last stone

Written March 11 2011


This is the final stone I cast into the dark, sky waters of faith.
Waves ripple the stars with the yearnings of a destitute soul
And land at the pillar where Satan made his appearance:
in my mind.


The packed dead recesses that make civilization alive,
The clay that is reused to sculpt sin,
And the hell that burns eternally as sun and moon witness ornaments
Humanity cracking from the whip of damnation of an opening oven door,
God, on what shelf do I stand on today

We ran in circles through the tickle of kind hearted grass
And drank from the silent spring that asked for nothing in return

This is the final stone I cast into the dark

Seldom did my soul surge in bounty of blessing
Rarely did religion rectify reward

But when the inner voice was strangled
And thunder replaced its scream
And I gasped because no word could save
The feeling of a bird flying at full speed
And realizing the meaning of freedom
When it smashes against the glass
and Dies
Or the fish whose tank mirrors infinite reality
And so they worship reflections within reflections
And call themselves free
Until they drown in life and float to the surface

To the boundary between this prison and the next,

When the inner voice was strangled
What word to scream except "Mercy"

This is the final stone I cast into the cold black of an empty shell
My own judge are my lips that move to tell sins on command
Freedom in mercy, faith in drowning
Submission is to sink
I am my last last stone

No comments:

Post a Comment