Friday, November 18, 2011

I too exist


In the film "Life in  a Day" the celebration and tragedy of mankind's actions are all documented in a YouTube production highlighting July 24, 2010. Released in late January of this year, the movie covers the facts of life that we tend to take for granted, from our first morning footsteps to the change we carry in our pockets. While the movie hints at certain pinnacle issues relevant to the time the movie was created, it overwhelmingly humanizes life as simply the will to survive. 

"I want people to know that I'm here. 
I don't want to cease to exist."

This blog isn't just about Palestine.  It  is how badly I too want to exist somehow, to be relevant, and in more ways than one, I find someone blotting my face out in red ink, or striking me from the narrative, or erasing whatever mark I may have left. When I say "I," I mean you, we, us, humanity. Multiple labels and identities and affiliations strike us, cancel us out, elevate us, deny us--only if we continue to let them.

In the absence of one, humanity ceases to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment