Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yasser Arafat's wife makes an appearance

"He was wedded to the cause," she says in some documentary called The Price of Kings.




It seems that the documentary focuses on 12 different world leaders, their lives, and their sacrifices in 12 different segments. Watching the short clips about Arafat, I am reminded about how the leader is different than Mahmood Abbas. Arafat had character. Abbas looks like the world just farted in his face.
Yasser Arafat made it a point to photograph with every single Palestinian and sincerely enjoyed doing it. Nobody lines up to take a picture with Abbas unless they are on some payroll.  I was not a huge fan of Arafat's politics, but like all Palestinians I always look to the past as a better time.


Anyways, I was watching clips of Maz Jobrani at Laugh Factory, which I dearly miss hanging out at. And it was funny when the ad popped up showing Yasser Arafat's face and his wife to whom I dedicated a song.


I don't know if it is just me who is out of the loop, but Yasser Arafat's wife seemed to have disappeared following the death of her husband. The only thing that chased her were the rumors that she lived in luxury in Europe. And I wonder what Yasser Arafat's daughter looks like today, if she resembles her father at all. If she remembers him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment